“How Can You Tell if Your Mold Remediation Is Good Enough for Sensitized Occupants?” That is the title of an article Michael Pinto, CSP, CMP, RTPE, CEO of Wonder Makers Environmental, recently authored for R&R. In this episode of Ask the Expert, Pinto dives deeper into the topic, discussing mold sensitivity, mycotoxins, demand for mold remediation contractors who can properly serve mold-sensitive customers and what makes these projects unique. Pinto also highlights mold remediation trends and COVID-19 disinfection.
Pinto has earned six professional designations including Certified Safety Professional and Certified Mold Professional. He is the author of over 230 published articles and several books including, “Fungal Contamination: A Comprehensive Guide for Remediation.” He has also volunteered extensive time and expertise for the development of the Restoration Industry Association (RIA) Forensic Restoration Guidelines, Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) S520 standard for mold remediation, and the RIA/IICRC/AIHA white papers explaining proper procedures for addressing SARS CoV-2 through cleaning and application of disinfectants.
This episode covers:
- Symptoms of mold sensitivity
- Mycotoxins and their role in mold sensitivity
- The intersection of mold remediation and mold-sensitized occupants
- Demand for mold remediation services among sensitized individuals and the supply of properly skilled contractors
- What restorers and remediators should know before providing mold removal services to mold-sensitized customers
- Marketing to mold-sensitized prospects
- Establishing a team of experts (doctors, lawyers, financial professionals, etc.) to elevate services and generate referrals
- Top mold remediation trends for 2022
- The most common mold remediation question Pinto gets from contractors and its answer
- COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection projections and takeaways two years into the pandemic
Check out this episode of Ask the Expert to learn more. You can watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation here. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Just search for Restoration & Remediation Ask the Expert, then hit Follow.