Effective branding is one of the most powerful driving forces behind a successful business. Business owners should never underestimate the influence branding can have on a business’s success. At the core of branding, there is so much more than just a logo, a design or a slogan. Branding is everything: logo, reputation, product quality, business values & principles and much, much more. It is everything that shapes consumer perception of your company - before you even meet them – so your brand better be strong!
How Branding Impacts a Restoration Business
- Branding Builds Trust: Especially in the mold and restoration industries, property owners want to hire a company that they can trust with the health and safety of their families and property. Potential clients are more likely to trust a company that has a good reputation built from positive consumer experience and high quality services.
- Branding Improves Recognition: A strong, recognizable brand can leave a lasting impression. Recognition means seeing a logo and instinctively associating it with the quality of the company's services or products. With a well branded company, potential clients will likely associate you as part of a larger group that they can trust to provide them with the high quality, safe & effective mold and restoration services that they expect and, more importantly, need.
- Branding Sets Expectations: Effective, professional branding can provide potential clients with reasons to choose your company. A company that communicates a clear brand promise and actually constantly delivers this promise over time, will be able to develop a list of happy customers and build credibility within the industry.
- Branding Sets you Apart: Being a part of a powerful brand will help to set you apart from your competitors. A trusted, recognizable and memorable brand will stand out and give you an advantage over the competition.
- Branding Inspires Employees: All work is not necessarily equal, meaning loyal and dedicated employees look for more than just work itself. Many employees find it important to work for a company that falls in line with his or her own values-- a company that he/she can be proud to work for. Employees can draw inspiration and motivation from understanding your business mission and principles.
How to Build a Strong Brand
Building a brand is much more complex than most business owners realize, and the importance of a strong brand is sometimes lost on an owner that has the old “it’s just a logo” mentality.
When I started Mastertech, I created my own logo. I was a wanna-be designer and thought my new logo was absolutely perfect – and why wouldn’t I, I designed it! But after talking to (and ultimately choosing) a brand development company, the results were staggering. We saw incredible, noticeable growth shortly after our new brand was developed and launched. Since then, our brand continues to instill a sense of trust and professionalism in clients long before we meet or talk to them.
If I had to do it all over again, I would probably do the same exact thing. I’m a bit of a hard-head and needed to learn that lesson the way it was taught. That being said, I do not suggest doing what I did. Who knows how much money I left on the table by not having a great brand. I suggest hiring a professional designer (not your niece or nephew) who will research your company, explore your mission and craft a powerful brand around who you are and the awesome services you provide.