Women in Restoration 2017: Honorable Mentions & Inspirational Quotes
Every single woman had an impressive resume. A few had some traits and success that especially stood out. You likely saw a few quotes from other women in restoration throughout this article. Here are a few other ladies who didn’t come out on top this year, but are certainly worth mentioning for their contributions to the restoration industry and the advancement and rise of women in the trades:
- Becky Edgren (Owner, PuroClean of Dayton): Co-founder of PuroWomen Growth Group, a forum where female PuroClean franchise owners and employees learn from one another.
- Corinne Linquist (President/CEO, Disaster Kleenup/Better Restorations): 10+ years as a Certified Woman-Owned Business.
- Diana Rodriguez-Zaba (Owner, ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba): Published an article in the Huffington Post about how women can break into the restoration industry.
- Jacqueline Schaefer (Owner, Recovery Cleaners): Has a staff of 32 women, and 3 men, with average employee tenure of 17 years.
- Laura Spaulding-Koppel (CEO, Spaulding Decon): This former law enforcement officer has evolved her business from small company with a few employees to nationwide franchise.
- Marguerite Mumford (President/Co-Owner, Paul Davis Restoration of North Florida): Runs a top-producing Paul Davis franchise with more than $11 million in annual sales, and has an award-winning female staff.
- Patricia York (Owner, York Restoration): Stepped into ownership role after sudden death of her husband and learned the business from the ground, up.
- Rebecca Howard (CEO, Acme Flood Inc.): Her company was profiled by MSNBC.
Inspiration from 2017 Nominees
“An effective leader is someone who inspires others with not only physical ability, but also moral integrity.
They motivate a team to achieve the highest levels of performance; thereby, creating an extraordinary organization.”
- Kristen Crank, President, Toncra Inc. DBA ServiceMaster Disaster Recovery Services –
“Women continue to break down barriers. There are so many women today with important roles in national politics,
high finance, government and heavy manufacturing. I want to grow more than just my business.
I want to increase awareness and encourage women who are interested in this industry.
We are strong and powerful, and we can tackle anything. We are the best at multitasking.”
- Diana Rodriguez-Zaba – Owner - ServiceMaster Restoration by Zaba –
“Don’t give up. You have to persevere, to put in the time and effort to know all the ins and outs of restoration.
Always put the people before the profits and the profits will follow the people.”
- Nicole Humber – Owner – Bravo Restoration -
“Working closely with insurance executives, property managers and owners requires intelligence, credibility,
and knowledge. Having earned the trust of so many people is the reward.”
- Andrea Clark – Business Manager – Mark 1 Restoration Services, Inc. -
Thank You to everyone who helped make the 2nd Annual Recognizing Women in Restoration Campaign a success!
Congratulations to this year’s Best of the Best winner, Shelli Bagwell!
Be on the lookout for a call to entries next spring.
We look forward to celebrating women in restoration for years to come!
Award will be presented at Contractor Connection Conference & Expo in St. Louis on June 8
During the General Session/Contractor Awards
8:00 AM – 11:30 AM in Hall 3 Level 1, America’s Center.
Thanks to our Partner: Violand Management Associates