1. What inspired you to own your own business?
I never wanted to be told when I could leave work or attend any of my kids’ events. I also wanted to be the controller of my own destiny, both financially and time.
2. Why did you choose to pursue franchising versus starting an independent business?
I was an independent prior to franchising. I saw the shift in the market and ways to acquire work, and franchising when I did was the best plan of attack.
3. What advantages do you see in owning a franchise, compared to owning an independent business?
The advantages of owning a franchise are having corp leverage for work and they already have proven systems in place that work.
4. How did you choose the franchise you ended up purchasing?
I interviewed with a few of the other large brands. It didn’t have the family feel or loyalty of owned territories. That was huge for me and what I wanted.
5. How much support and guidance have you received from the franchise in starting and running your business?
We have franchise business coaches that are always engaged with us. I have access to anyone in the company nearly anytime I need it.
6. What unique challenges have you faced as a franchisee, and how have you overcome them?
Unique challenges at this time are hiring and maintaining employees. This day and age it has become harder to achieve great, quality employees.
7. In your opinion, what are the biggest advantages and disadvantages of owning a franchise?
Advantages of owning a franchise are support and systems are already running at a high pace and have a proven model. Disadvantage is the fees at times seem to be high and often. Just a small hurdle but not enough to not be a franchise.
8. Would you recommend franchising to others who are interested in starting their own business? Why or why not?
I would recommend as there is already a work stream. The learning curve would be a lot shorter, and the ROI has potential to be faster.
9. How has your experience as a franchisee compared to your expectations before you started?
My experience has been great. Nothing out of the usual so it was a seamless process.
10. Where do you see the future of franchising going, and how do you see yourself staying ahead and succeeding in the industry?
I believe franchising will be the norm in the future as the big-box brands have the financial backing to give the insurance carriers the warm fuzzy consistent feelings.