ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, announced that 80 companies around the world have achieved the Cleaning Industry Management Standard (CIMS) certification. Created by the industry, for the industry, CIMS is the first consensus-based management standard that outlines the primary characteristics of a successful, quality cleaning organization.
“Earning CIMS certification demonstrates that organizations are dedicated to a higher standard of cleanliness, which is essential given the biorisks that exist today,” said ISSA Executive Director John Barrett. “Using CIMS as a management framework allows cleaning organizations to maintain quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.”
Relevant for in-house operations and outsourced building service contractors of all sizes, CIMS leverages five core elements of management best practices and requires participants to meet 100% of the mandatory elements and 60% of the recommended elements, per section. An ISSA-accredited third-party assessor completes an on-site evaluation to validate that the cleaning operation follows documented systems and processes that support cleaning for health.
This year’s new and renewing companies that have earned CIMS GB with Honors include:
• ABC Sales & Services, Inc. in Saint Thomas, Virgin Islands
• AHI Facility Services, Inc. in Dallas
• Aim to Please Janitorial Services, Inc. in San Francisco
• Apex Limited, Inc. in Hondo, Texas
• Bobby Dodd Institute, Inc. in Atlanta
• Brevard Achievement Center in Rockledge, Fla.
• Camacho Equipment & Janitorial Supply, Inc. in Indianapolis
• CCS Facility Services – Corporate in Denver
• Colorado College in Colorado Springs, Colo.
• Commercial Cleaning Services in St. Catharines, Ontario
• Compass Group in Wayne, Pa.
• Confluence Solutions in Morgan, Utah
• Crescent Cleaning Company in Chicago
• Cummins Facility Services in Waldo, Ohio
• Diversified Maintenance in Birmingham, Ala.
• Elwyn Industries in Aston, Pa.
• Environmental Service Systems, LLC in Charlotte, N.C.
• Eurest Services in Covington, N.C.
• Frontline Enterprises, LLC in Silver Spring, Md.
• Genco in Isabela, Puerto Rico
• General Facility Care, LLC in Tampa, Fla.
• Global Connections to Employment in Pensacola, Fla.
• Goodwill of Central & Coastal Virginia in Richmond, Va.
• Green's Commercial Cleaning in Charlotte, N.C.
• Hines Facilities Services Ltd. in Fort McMurray, Alberta
• IH Services, Inc. in Greenville, S.C.
• Imperial County Work Training Center, Inc. in El Centro, Calif.
• International Support Group in Pembroke Pines, Fla.
• Job Options, Inc. in San Diego
• K&M Maintenance Service, LLC in Chester, N.J.
• Kimco Facility Services, LLC in Atlanta
• Kleenway Building Maintenance Services, Inc. in Richmond Hill, Ontario
• Lincoln Training Center in South El Monte, Calif.
• Melgar Janitorial Solutions in Highland Village, Texas
• MP Group Ltd. in Edmonton, Alberta
• Newbold Services, LLC in Greenville, S.C.
• Occupational Training Center of Burlington County in Burlington, N.J.
• Palmetto Goodwill Services in North Charleston, S.C.
• Power Clean Building Maintenance Ltd. in Saanichton, British Columbia
• Professional Contract Services, Inc. in Austin, Texas
• REDLEE/SCS, Inc. in Dallas
• Regency Enterprises Services, LLC in Saint Louis, Mo.
• Rowe Contracting Service, Inc. in Mandeville, La.
• RWK Services, Inc. in Independence, Ohio
• SOAR365 in Richmond, Va.
• System 1, Inc. in Westminster, Colo.
• TC Services in Greenville, S.C.
• The Kleane Kare Team, Inc. in Henrico, Va.
• Toolworks Inc. in San Francisco
• Town of Normal in Normal, Ill.
• UG2 in Boston
• Vonachen Group in Peoria, Ill.
• Weaver Industries Inc. in Akron, Ohio
• Whayne and Sons Enterprises, Inc. in Denver
Companies that have achieved CIMS GB include:
• Ada S. McKinley Community Services, Inc. in Chicago
• Classic Building Systems, Inc. in Calgary, Alberta
• Clean Busters in Toronto
• I.N.C. GLOBAL CORP. in San Jose, Calif.
• Maintenance Resources, Inc. in Denver
• Meridian Materials, Inc. in Reston, Va.
• Metro Services in Oakland, Calif.
• My Cleaning Service, Inc. in Baltimore
This year’s new and renewing companies that have earned CIMS with Honors include:
• Allied Health Care Services in Clarks Summit, Pa.
• Bleach Cleaning Services in Kuwait City, Kuwait
• Calderdale and Huddersfield Solutions Ltd. in Huddersfield, United Kingdom
• FM Services Group in Letterkenny, Ireland
• Goodwill Industries of MG & CSRA in Macon, Ga.
• International Medical Center in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
• Isnaad LLC in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
• MVW Services, Inc. in Minot, N.D.
• Powerworks Industries, Inc. in Columbus, Ga.
• Relief Enterprise, Inc. in Austin, Texas
• Service Star Building Cleaning Inc. in Ottawa, Ontario
• Solano Diversified Services in Vallejo, Calif.
• Spaklean Company Ltd. in Accra, Ghana
• Weaver Industries in Akron, Ohio
• Whitlock Building Services in Grapevine, Texas
The following companies have achieved CIMS:
• Clean 2 Clean in Brooklyn, N.Y.
• Goldstar Cleaning Services in Fernie, British Columbia
• Superior Keystone LLC in Reading, Pa.
For more information about CIMS, visit www.issa.com/certification-standards/cleaning-industry-management-standard-cims.
With more than 10,500 members — including distributors, manufacturers, manufacturer representatives, wholesalers, building service contractors, in-house service providers, residential cleaners and associated service members — ISSA is the world’s leading trade association for the cleaning industry. The association is committed to changing the way the world views cleaning by providing its members with the business tools they need to promote cleaning as an investment in human health, the environment and an improved bottom line. Headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., the association has regional offices in Milan, Italy; Whitby, Canada; Parramatta, Australia; Seoul, South Korea; and Shanghai, China.