In what was a challenging year between a global pandemic, a record-breaking 30 storms for the 2020 hurricane season and unprecedented wildfires, Waco-based complementary brands, Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain, capped off another milestone year filled with expansion, new programs, awards and more, underscoring the essential demand for both companies.
Restoration 1 awarded 40 new locations, expanded into West Virginia, Utah, South Dakota and the District of Columbia, and ended the year awarding 350 locations to-date across 43 states. bluefrog Plumbing + Drain awarded six new locations, entered Virginia, and is now servicing eight states.
“While 2020 was a catastrophic year for so many people, it was a heroic year for our superior staff, hardworking franchisees and a rapidly-growing network across both brands to take this organization to the next level,” said Gary Findley, CEO of Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain. “Despite the challenges our world is facing, our business continues to thrive as we meet and exceed our growth goals year over year.”
Highlights across the Restoration 1 network in 2020 included:
- Restoration 1 and sister brand bluefrog Plumbing + Drain were acquired by MPK Equity Partners at a time when the essential businesses continued to grow in the recession-resistant sectors they serve.
- Restoration 1 named Sherry Rose as Chief Operating Officer.
- Restoration 1 rolled out its “Keep It Clean” Program to help America reopen in response to COVID-19.
- Restoration 1 awarded several new franchise locations and expanded into West Virginia, Utah, South Dakota and the District of Columbia, growing the total network to 43 states.
- Restoration 1 was recognized in the Inc. 5000 list.
- Franchise Times named Restoration 1 to the list of Fast & Serious franchises and the Top 200+ list for 2021.
- Entrepreneur magazine ranked Restoration 1 to the Franchise 500 for the 8th consecutive year and named it to the “Hottest Industries in Franchising.”
- bluefrog Plumbing + Drain adopts virtual options for customers amid the COVID-19 pandemic,
- National media coverage for the brands and CEO Findley appeared in Authority Magazine, Realtor.com, Thrive Global, Franchise Times, Plumbing + Mechanical Magazine, Restoration & Remediation Magazine and more.
- Findley also spoke at the Titus Center for Franchising and was named a judge in the school’s newly launched Franchise Hot Seat, a web series that gives rising franchisors the chance to seek the mentorship, advice or financial support of global leaders in the franchise community.