Fresh Perspective: Discipline for the Undisciplined
How to change your mentality and achieve the life you want.
Editor's Note: This is a brand new monthly column appearing on www.randrmagonline.com offering fresh perspectives on everything restoration business management-related! We hope you enjoy!
Discipline is the foundation for success. You probably don’t need me to tell you that. You’re probably well-aware that a consistent, deliberate routine of hard work and focus are key to achieving your goals. But if you’re like a lot of people, you’ve already dismissed “discipline” as a trait you just don’t have. You were born without it. After all, if you were a naturally driven person, wouldn’t you have reached your goals by now?
- Studying role models in their field.
- Access to an inspiring mentor.
- A regular training routine.
- Relationships with other professionals who could help them out.
- Studying the work of remarkable actors.
- Connecting with a great mentor.
- Creating and committing to a training schedule.
- Networking and attending events that allow you to build relationships that could lead to new opportunities.
- Going to bed at a certain time.
- Waking up at a certain time.
- Drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning.
- What three small things can I do every day to put myself in a great mood? Your attitude has a huge influence on your ability to focus and commit to your goals.
2. What three small things can I do every day to get closer to where I want to be?
CEO, 911 Restoration