R&R IICRC Monthly Update: December 2018
IICRC Seeks Volunteers for New Standards - BSR/IICRC S530 and BSR/IICRC S590
The IICRC is seeking volunteers to serve on consensus bodies for the development of two new Standards:
- BSR/IICRC S530 Standard for Indoor Environmental Assessment for Suspected Mold Contaminated Structures. The S530 will establish a proper methodology and protocol for the inspection and evaluation of structures known or suspected to have mold contamination, and will promote proper methodology and processes for the assessment of mold contaminated structures.
Those interested in submitting an application to serve on the S530 consensus body should visit https://www.iicrc.org/SBSRIICRCS530 for more information and to download the application form.
- BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water Damaged Environment. The S590 will provide a specific set of practical standards for HVAC cleaning in a water-damage restoration project.
Those interested in submitting an application to serve on the S590 consensus body should visit https://www.iicrc.org/SBSRIICRCS590 for more information and to download the application form.
Additional volunteers are also needed for the following Standards:
- The BSR/IICRC S710 Standard for the Development of a Scope of Work in a Fire and Smoke Damaged Environment will provide a specific set of practical standards for the development of a scope of work in a fire and smoke damaged environment.
- The BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire and Smoke Damaged Personal Items will provide a specific set of practical principles, methods and processes to evaluate and restore fire and smoke damaged porous and nonporous personal items, commonly known as contents or personal property.
- BSR/IICRC S550: Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration of Commercial Structures. The S550 will be a procedural standard for performing water damage restoration in commercial, industrial, institutional and complex residential structures, systems and furniture, fixtures and equipment.
Those interested in submitting an application to serve on the S710, S740 or S550 consensus bodies should visit https://www.iicrc.org/IICRCStandards for more information and to download the application forms.
S500 Seminar Videos
Interested in learning more about the S500 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration? Twelve educational videos are available to premium subscribers on the Standards Subscription website at http://publications.iicrc.org. The video presentations include tutorials from S500 consensus body members on the newly-revised fourth edition, including explanations of the entire document as well as its major changes and applications.
Did you know that IICRC Standards are available digitally? In addition to print versions, all IICRC Standards are available in downloadable and searchable e-book format. For more information on the IICRC’s e-Standards, visit http://webstore.iicrc.org/index.php/ebook-faq/.
IICRC Certification and Training
If you are looking for information on where to find IICRC approved training and certification classes, visit the IICRC website at https://www.iicrc.org/EducationandTrain. The site provides class descriptions and a searchable list of when and where training is available.
Over 27,000 professionals attend IICRC approved training classes and submit the IICRC standardized exams for processing each year. Certification categories include water damage restoration, applied structural drying, fire and smoke restoration, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning and many more.