R&R IICRC Monthly Update: October 2018
An Industry Leader
IICRC certifications continue to be recognized and recommended by major insurance companies, flooring manufacturers and industry trade groups as the premier credentialing program for the restoration, cleaning and inspection industry. To find IICRC approved training and certification classes near you, visit the IICRC website at www.iicrc.org. The site provides class descriptions and a searchable list of when and where training is available. Certification categories include courses from restoration, cleaning inspection and hard surface maintenance disciplines such as: Water Damage Restoration, Applied Structural Drying, Fire and Smoke Restoration, Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning and more.
Did you know that IICRC Standards are available digitally? In addition to print versions, all IICRC Standards are available in downloadable and searchable e-book format. For more information on the IICRC’s e-Standards, visit http://webstore.iicrc.org/index.php/ebook-faq/.
S500 Seminar Videos
Interested in learning more about the S500 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration? Twelve educational videos are available to premium subscribers on the Standards Subscription website. The video presentations include tutorials from S500 consensus body members on the newly-revised fourth edition, including explanations of the entire document as well as its major changes and applications.
The IICRC subscription website allows online access to all current IICRC standards, reference guides, technical papers and multimedia publications from anywhere an internet connection is available – completely eliminating the need to carry a 300-plus page binder to worksites. The site also allows you to:
- Log in anywhere and access online content on your tablet, phone or computer
- Search and sort for what you need and get information on the spot
- Make notes online and save them for reference later
- Download individual sections and chapters as needed
For more information about the IICRC subscription website, visit: http://publications.iicrc.org
The IICRC is developing two new fire and smoke damage restoration standards and is seeking volunteers to serve on consensus bodies for each:
- The BSR/IICRC S710 Standard for the Development of a Scope of Work in a Fire and Smoke Damaged Environment will provide a specific set of practical standards for the development of a scope of work in a fire and smoke damaged environment.
- The BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire and Smoke Damaged Personal Items will provide a specific set of practical principles, methods and processes to evaluate and restore fire and smoke damaged porous and nonporous personal items, commonly known as contents or personal property.
Those interested in submitting an application to serve on the S710 or S740 consensus bodies should visit http://www.iicrc.org/standards for more information and to download the application form.