What Happens in Vegas, Shouldn't Stay in Vegas!
Regular attendee offers some tips on making the most out the RIA Convention & Industry Expo
Phillip Rosebrook, Jr., CR, has been attending RIA for nearly 25 years. With a quarter-century of experience under his belt, he has a few tips for getting the most out of your convention experience:
- Set a goal of leaving the event with one idea that pays for your trip.
- Attend the industry expo with a beginner’s mind and seek to understand how the industry vendors can offer value to your business.
- Talk to the speakers after their presentations to learn how they have applied their concepts in their businesses and the challenges that they overcome along the way.
- Do not be a wallflower. Engage others in conversation and learn about their companies. During breaks and after sessions, seek out other attendees you feel have something to offer, such as restorers with specialties you’d like to pursue or veterans who have weathered tough times. Ask how they have handled any challenges that you currently face.
- Ask if it would be OK to stay in touch with others and set up routine calls through the year. Set time to share processes, best practices and even visit their offices.
- If you have an idea to offer, find ways to share your skills and knowledge with other during sessions, at roundtables and after sessions.
RIA has a full schedule with breakout sessions and other important information at www.riaconvention.org.