New ANSI/IICRC Standards in 2014:
ANSI/IICRC S800 Standard and Reference Guide for Inspecting Textile Floor Coverings: ANSI/IICRC S800 includes inspection of textile floor covering including carpet and rugs. The S800 establishes a procedural standard and reference guide for professionally inspecting textile floor coverings.
BSR-IICRC S600 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Carpet Installation: ANSI/IICRC S600 Standard and Reference Guide will cover both residential and commercial carpet installations. This industry consensus document will give specific guidance for the proper, recommended procedures for installing various carpet products in different types of installations.
- BSR-IICRC S100 Carpet Cleaning: Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Cleaning of Textile Floor Coverings BSR-IICRC S100 will establish minimum standards for professional on-location cleaning of installed textile floor coverings. (Expected Date: TBD 2014)
IICRC Standards in Public Review in 2014:
ANSI/IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration: IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration was made available for public review earlier in 2013, and for a second round from Dec. 6, 2013 to Jan. 20, 2014.
- BSR-IICRC S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation: BSR-IICRC S520-2008 is a procedural standard and reference guide for the remediation of mold damaged structures and contents. The Standard was available for public review from July 5, 2013 to August 19, 2013. A second round of public review will be held in 2014.
Call for Members
The IICRC is actively seeking volunteers from all interest categories of the industry to serve on the consensus bodies for:
- BSR-IICRC S210 Standard and Reference Guide on Dimension Stone Maintenance and Restoration
- IICRC S300 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Upholstery Cleaning
- BSR-IICRC S540 Standard and Reference Guide for Trauma and Crime Scene Biological and Infectious Hazard Clean Up
To join a consensus body, or to find out more about its purpose, contact IICRC Standards Director Mili Washington at email@example.com. To purchase a copy of any IICRC standard, please visit the IICRC webstore.
IICRCA 2014 Benefits Underway
The IICRC Certified Firm annual renewal is in full swing with many firms taking advantage of the new benefit plan offered through the International Inspection, Cleaning & Restoration Council of Associations (IICRCA). The association continues to grow and build its relationships within the industry.
Report Abusive Comment