On Sept. 15-16, the Restoration Industry Association will host a high-level program focusing on contents restoration geared specifically for the owners and managers of businesses in Chicago. This conference will help owners take their companies to the next level in terms of service and education related to contents cleaning. The event will be hosted at J.C. Restoration, Inc., and is limited to the first 100 registrants on a first-come, first-served basis.
Peter Crosa, an independent insurance adjuster and the principal in Peter J. Crosa & Associates, will provide the keynote address on “Getting Into the Adjuster’s Mind.” Additional topics to be addressed include:
- How contents contractors can get paid more quickly from insurance companies;
- Marketing to adjusters when a company focuses on contents;
- What makes adjusters “tick” and what their priorities are;
- How adjusters want contractors to handle the restore vs. replace issue, and
- How adjusters see companies that provide inventory services.
- Contents Technology for the 21st Century: how technology can be used to enhance inventory and tracking of contents, and tracking time spent cleaning them.
- Behind-the-Scenes of a Contents Company: a real-world look at how to stock and maintain contents, vehicles and equipment; tips on proper maintenance, layout and design of cleaning areas; and tools, equipment and training.
- Art Restoration: a field trip to the Chicago Conservation Center with a special behind-the-scenes tour of art restoration for fire, smoke, mold, and water-damaged items.
- Weird Stuff Encountered on the Job: includes strange packout pitfalls; some “drama stories” from Hollywood; and “stranger than fiction, cleaner than new” stories, complete with case studies.
- Marketing Contents Restoration to Restoration Contractors: how to get more business from your association restoration friends!
- Professional Moving Van Tips: practical advice on damage prevention; proper handling of contents, storage and moving; jobsite behavior and appearance; and restorers’ rights regarding unclaimed contents.
- Marketing Ideas Contest: registrants send in their marketing ideas and the top four or five will be presented during this session.
- Crossing the Finish Line: illustrating how to separate one’s company from the competition by creating “cheerleader” customers; job closure; billing and other details.