What does the Restoration Industry Association (RIA) have planned for the new year? We invited CEO Kristy Cohen, President Mark Springer, President-Elect Katie Smith and Restoration Advocate Ed Cross to share the many fresh RIA initiatives in the works, plus a preview of the annual RIA International Restoration Convention & Industry Expo set for April 11-13 in Reno, Nev.
The RIA is the oldest and largest non-profit, professional trade association dedicated to providing leadership and promoting best practices through advocacy and professional qualifications for the restoration industry.
This episode covers:
- Key RIA accomplishments in 2021
- The four cornerstones of the organization’s three-year strategic plan
- A revised membership structure coming soon to make RIA membership more accessible to restoration companies of all sizes
- The development of new career pathways for the industry to help with recruiting and retention efforts
- The building of consumer awareness around what restorers do
- Advocacy and Government Affairs (AGA) Committee initiatives including a second-edition TPA scorecard, investment in legislative monitoring software, the launch of an AGA academy, advocating for increased labor rates, and expansion into Canada
- The recently released position paper on new construction pricing, plus more pricing position papers in the works on topics including overhead and profit
- A new certification, Environmental Risk Specialist, coming in 2022 to provide restoration professionals with awareness of environmental hazards and risks associated with disaster sites – the final pillar designation under the Certified Restorer (CR) certification
- A preview of the RIA 2022 International Restoration Convention & Industry Expo, taking place April 11-13 at the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino in Reno, Nev.
- Awards that will be presented as the annual convention and expo including the Women in Restoration Award, Phoenix Awards, Martin L. King Award and Contractor’s Choice Award
- Top anticipated trends for 2022, from mergers and acquisitions, to recruiting and retention, to risk and legal developments
Check out this episode of Ask the Expert to learn more. You can watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation here. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Just search for Restoration & Remediation Ask the Expert, then hit Follow.