OhmniLabs, an award-winning robotics company, has introduced OhmniClean, a fully autonomous robot that disinfects utilizing the power of UV-C light. Weighing 58 pounds, OhmniLabs touts OhmniClean as the world's lightest and most user-friendly, high-powered UV-C disinfection robot available. Ideal for use in hospitals, schools, hotels and other environments that require deep cleaning in high-touch, hard-to-reach places, OhmniClean aims to eliminate the risk of bacteria and viral transmission and can disinfect a 3,000 square-foot space in less than 15 minutes.
"We developed OhmniClean to address a critical need in the market for fast, simple and effective disinfection," said Tra Vu, chief operating officer at OhmniLabs. "At a time when sterile cleaning and infection control are top of mind, OhmniClean is helping to restore normalcy by simplifying existing cleaning processes and making disinfection more intelligent through providing access to efficacy and compliance data. In addition, OhmniClean is made in the USA so we are able to bypass global shipping and supply chain issues currently faced by other manufacturers."
A fully autonomous UV-C robot has many advantages over human, manual-controlled cleaning systems, the company said. The short cleaning cycle time makes it possible for one person to manage a small fleet of disinfection robots, instead of a human crew, turning over several rooms at a time in a quick and efficient manner. An autonomous UV-C Disinfection solution also increases efficacy and reduces human error as well as dependence on human judgement, and eliminates the risk of injury caused by mixing chemical solutions and handling heavy UV equipment, the company said. The robot navigates itself in complex environments, so its UV-C lamps can get closer to surfaces than static devices, delivering stronger UV-C exposure.
"The OhmniClean robot is incredibly easy to use," said Hector Garcia, president of ProClean Janitorial. "My team was able to get it up and running after just ten minutes of training. The robot's autonomy allows our staff to clean multiple rooms while the robot disinfects other areas of a property. The whole process is quick and efficient."
Other features that make OhmniClean unique in the market include:
- Safe and efficient, chemical-free disinfection: Safety measures including motion sensors, remote switches, and an active safety system eliminate exposure to hazardous UV-C light.
- Easy to use and autonomous: Easy to use, transport and manage, eliminating the barrier to entry. Fully autonomous mapping and cleaning achieved using OhmniCloud software.
- Built-in data insights, reporting and auditing: After each session, immediately view reports and audit logs to see what spaces were cleaned and when. Disinfection reports are automatically sent to relevant stakeholders such as managers, customers and/or regulators.
- Easy to transport and service: Swappable batteries and modular parts make it easy to take apart and transport to different cleaning locations, as well as replace parts, reducing both maintenance and transportation costs.
- Made in the U.S.: Manufactured at OhmniLabs 3D printing facility in San Jose, Calif. means orders are fulfilled faster, shipping costs are lower, and delivery is not subject to current supply chain challenges.
- Flexible pricing: Standard, premium and full-service packages are available for purchase or for lease; a subscription to OhmniCloud Solutions will allow for fleet management, mapping, reporting and more.
Founded in 2015 by robotics experts Jared Go, Tingxi Tan and serial entrepreneur Thuc Vu, graduates of Carnegie Mellon University and Stanford University, OhmniLabs, Inc. is a Silicon Valley-based robotics company that produces service robots at scale. With over 3,000 robots deployed worldwide in 48 countries, OhmniLabs made a name for itself by creating a unique, on-demand robot manufacturing model that allows it to design, engineer and manufacture custom robots based on customer needs at speed. The company produces all robots in the U.S. using proprietary 3D printing processes and boasts a vast portfolio of modular accessories that unlock a world of possibilities. OhmniLabs robots are used daily by businesses, medical professionals, schools, and major sports teams around the world.