IICRC News March 2020: Preparing for Flood Season
Spring is on its way bringing warmer temperatures, heavy rains and runoffs from melted snow. If you’re not certified, obtain a Water Damage Restoration Technician (WRT) certification to better understand water damage and techniques for drying. During this course you’ll learn procedures necessary to deal with water losses, sewer backflows and contamination such as mold. For more information, visit iicrccert.org/.
Obtain the IICRC MRS
As a reminder, the path to obtaining your IICRC Mold Removal Specialist (MRS) certification is a lot easier! The one-step application quickly starts the process of sitting for the IICRC exam. If you’ve worked in the mold industry for at least one year, submitted your application with all required documentation and fees, no other classes are required to take the standalone certification exam. Once your application is approved, you may sit for the exam. For more information, visit iicrc.org/IICRCMRS
Become an IICRC Certified Inspector
The IICRC offers a variety of advanced Inspection Certifications for those seeking less physically demanding professions. These include certifications to become a Senior Carpet Inspector, Resilient Flooring Inspector, Wood Floor Maintenance Technician and Wood and Laminate Flooring Inspector. The inspection field is specialized and ideal for detail-oriented people who want to learn about different floor coverings and installation procedures, and who seek to understand the root cause for flooring failure. For more information, visit iicrc.org/IICRCCertifications.
Visit the IICRC at the Clean Buildings Expo
If you’re attending the Clean Buildings Expo March 17 – 18, stop by IICRC booth 100 for information regarding courses, Master Designations, Instructor Careers, Certified Firm renewals, Standards and more. Receive 25% off basic and premium Standards subscriptions, and gain immediate access when you subscribe. The basic subscription offers access to all Standards and Reference Guides. The Premium subscription also includes access to historical or withdrawn standards, new and updated technical papers, MoU partner organizations’ reference documents, and standards and multimedia presentations. Don’t miss out!
Easier Site Navigation
If you’ve visited the IICRC website lately, you may have noticed a few changes. A new navigation menu item labeled “Tools” directs visitors to the new FAQ page, the IICRC video library and Update forms. Finding the answers to your questions and updating your information just got a whole lot easier. For more information, visit IICRC.org and click on “Tools.”
Standard Deadlines Extended
The IICRC has extended the application deadlines for the following Standards Committees:
- BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire and Smoke Damaged Personal Items - Application deadline: March 31, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S760 Standard for Professional Restoration of Structures and Items Damaged by Wildfire Smoke - Application deadline: March 31, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S230 Standard for Professional Inspection of Flooring Subfloors and Substrates - Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- BSR/IICRC 340 Standard for Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of Leather Furnishings - Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water Damaged Environment - Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- IICRC Field Guide for Safety and Health for Professional Cleaners - Application deadline: March 31, 2020
- IICRC Field Guide for Safety and Health for Disaster Restoration Professionals - Application deadline: March 31, 2020