Brandon Burton Named IICRC Standards Chairman
The IICRC would like to welcome Brandon Burton as its new Standards Chairman. Effective Jan. 1, 2019, Burton took over for longstanding Standards Chairman Howard Wolf.
Brandon has served the cleaning and restoration industry since 1995, with past employment as the Technical Director for Legend Brands and Training Director for the Restoration Sciences Academy.
Interested in furthering your career? Consider an advanced designation. As technicians accumulate various certifications, they become eligible for advanced designations such as an IICRC Journeyman or IICRC Master – the industry’s highest technical designation. Find out more at https://www.iicrc.org/IICRCMaster.
Did you know the IICRC offers 30 different certifications? Consider advancing your career with a new certification, including IICRC’s new Trauma and Crime Scene Technician (TCST).
Visit www.iicrc.org/IICRCCertifications for a complete list.
The IICRC is currently seeking volunteers to serve on consensus bodies for the development of the following standards:
- • BSR/IICRC S300 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Upholstery Cleaning
- • BSR/IICRC 340 Standard for Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of Leather Furnishings
- • BSR/IICRC S400 Standard for Professional Cleaning, Maintenance and Restoration of the Commercial Built Environment
- • BSR/IICRC S530 Standard for Indoor Environmental Assessment for Suspected Mold Contaminated Structures
- • BSR/IICRC S550 Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration of Commercial Structures
- • BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water Damaged Environment
- • The BSR/IICRC S710 Standard for the Development of a Scope of Work in a Fire and Smoke Damaged Environment
- • BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire and Smoke Damaged Personal Items
- • ANSI/IICRC S800 Standard and Reference Guide for Inspecting Textile Floor Coverings
Those interested in submitting an application to serve on the above consensus bodies should visit www.iicrc.org/IICRCStandards for more information and to download the application forms.
Are You Using Updated Standards?
Do you have the latest version of an IICRC Standard? Every few years, Standards Consensus Bodies review, update and publish updated versions of Standards to make sure they include the latest in information and technology. To check and see if you have the latest version, visit the IICRC webstore at www.webstore.iicrc.org.
Standards Subscriptions are also available and give you access to ALL of the latest and historical Standards. To learn more about the benefits of having a Standards Subscription, the IICRC created a brief video on its YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/TheIICRC) with testimonials from users on why they enjoy having IICRC Standards available at their fingertips 24/7.