RIA is now accepting nominations for the 2016-17 Board of Directors. Members are encouraged to consider themselves or colleagues for a position on the 2016-2017 Board. Serving on the board is a great way for members to shape the evolution and policy of the organization, and it also provides an opportunity to give back to the industry.
Board terms are for three years and commence at the March 21, 2016 Board meeting during the International Restoration Convention and Industry Expo in Orlando, Fla. RIA’s Nominating Committee developed requirements for Board membership that include:
- Nominee must have at least five years of experience employed with RIA Member firms.
- Nominee must be currently employed with an Active Member of RIA in good standing.
- Nominee must be the Owner of the member company, or have written permission from the owner.
- This letter of recommendation must demonstrate owner support of the financial and time commitment required by Board participation.
- Nominee must show proof of attendance at a minimum of three RIA annual conventions or conferences.
Additional recommended qualifications for Board candidates can be found within the application by clicking here. All nominees should review this full document before submitting their application. Fill out the application for nomination to the RIA Board of Directors and mail it to RIA at 2025 M Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036 no later than Dec. 31, 2015.