RIA is now accepting nominations for the 2017-18 Board of Directors. We encourage you to consider yourself or a colleague for a position on the 2017-2018 Board. Serving on the Board is a great way for you to shape the evolution and policy of the organization, and it also provides you with an opportunity to give back to the industry.
To aid in this process, the RIA Nominating Committee has developed some requirements for Board membership that include:
- Nominee must have at least five years' experience employed with RIA Member firms.
- Nominee must be employed with an active member of RIA in good standing.
- Nominee must be the owner of the member company, or have written permission to be a member of the Board:
- This recommendation letter must demonstrate the business owner's support of the financial and time commitment required for Board participation.
- Nominee must show proof of attendance at a minimum of three (3) RIA annual conventions or conferences.
Additional recommended qualifications for Board candidates can be found by clicking here, and all nominees should review this full document before submitting their application.
The deadline to apply for consideration as a Board candidate is Jan. 31, 2017. Fill out the application for nomination to the RIA Board of Directors and mail it to RIA at 2025 M Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington, DC 20036 no later than Jan. 31, 2017.
Please do not hesitate to contact RIA staff either via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 (202) 367-1180 if you have any questions about qualifications or the nomination process.