Registration is open -- but availability limited -- for an exciting Xactimate training opportunity coming up in late August. The Xactimate Basic/Intermediate Estimating Course is scheduled for Aug. 25-27, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. every day, at the Holiday Inn in Vail, Colo. After 5 p.m., the beauty of the Colorado Rockies awaits!
During the day, participants will not only learn about Xactimate software, but also how it relates to the actual restoration work being performed. The course will let people get the knowledge and skills needed to quickly create accurate estimates with Xactimate tools, plus how to efficiently set up, dimension, scope and deliver professional estimates through hands-on training.
- Starting and shutting down a laptop
- Using a keyborad and external mouse
- Basic typing skills
- Opening software applications
- Basic internet navigation skills
- Understand property damage and restoration industry terms
- Bring a laptop with Xactimate Version 28 software installed (PC, not Mac), and an external mouse
- A free download is available -- but must be installed at least 48 hours before the course
- General admin of Xactimate 28 including setup of user preferences, project & system defaults, set-up of claim information, adding new projects, and basic program navigation.
- The 4-Step best practice process to create property damage estimates for inspection, claims adjusting, or restoration estimating.
- How to create a sketch of a building interior and exterior including 3-D modeling images to enhance claim details for reviewing party.
- How to search the estimate items in the most efficient manner to ensure quick and accurate line item entry into the estimate.
- Use of variables and calculations to automatically calculate estimate item quantities increasing speed of estimating.
- Increase efficiency by creating custom user preferences, using saved sketch templates, creating macros and retrieving scopes from previously estimated rooms.
- How to add annotations and images to estimate and sketch to provide accurate details ensuring a shorter closing process in file review.
- Personalize and printing a variety of professional estimate and claim reports for internal production staff, external customers, and clients.
The instructor for this course is Sean M. Burgess. He is an Xactimate Affiliate Trainer with more than a decade of experience as an estimator and trainer.
Students who complete the course will be ready to tackle the Xactimate Level 1 and Level 2 user certification exams.
This course is $699 per person, and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis.