IICRC Announces New Mission Statement, Strategic Plan
New mission statement reflects the organization’s updated focus
Following several breakout sessions last October and input from more than 250 Institute stakeholders, the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has announced its new mission statement and strategic plan, according to a press release. Approved at the recent board of directors meeting in Las Vegas, the new mission statement reflects the organization’s updated focus “to establish and advance globally recognized standards and certifications for the inspection, cleaning, restoration and installation industries.”
“As an organization, we have always maintained a dedication to practices that ensure the integrity of the built environment, our new mission statement reflects our focus on elevating those practices globally,” said Patrick Winters, IICRC President. “Only through active standards and certification will we accomplish this—the two specific focuses for our organization over the next three to four years.”
To accomplish the vision set forth in the new mission statement, Institute leaders have established a strategic plan which charts the Institute’s course of activity. It includes goals for activity throughout multiple facets of IICRC operations, including administration, governance, standards, education and certification, exams, instructors and schools, marketing and communication, international activity and the affiliated trade association, the International Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Council of Associations (IICRCA).
Specific goals identified within the strategic plan include:
· Governance: The IICRC will look to further refine its governance structure and bylaws.
· Standards: The IICRC will continue to research and generate a plan to improve global “buy-in” of our standards by working with international standards-making bodies to link standards together.
· Association: The IICRC will continue to support the international trade association (IICRCA).
· Marketing and Communication: The IICRC will continue to develop global reach by developing Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with organizations around the globe that share its mission and values.
· Certification: The IICRC will develop an outreach and retention plan for Certified Firms and certified technicians.
For more information, visit www.iicrc.org.