As of April 22, 2010 when the rule went into effect, anyone receiving compensation for renovating, repairing and painting work in residences built before 1978 that disturbs painted surfaces is required to receive training and certification from an EPA-accredited training provider for lead safe work practices. Also covered by RRP is work on facilities where children less than six years of age are regularly present, such as schools and day-care centers built prior to 1978.)
The session will be held on Nov. 10 from 1 to 3 p.m. and will provide information on:
- Who is subject to RRP requirements.
- How to comply with the rule.
- How to become a certified lead-safe firm and/or renovator.
- How to avoid enforcement fines.
- Changes to the rule which became effective October 4, 2011
To register, go to: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/193640562. You will receive an email confirmation with a link to the Webinar and a dial-in phone number. Participation is limited to the first 1,000 registrants.