In obtaining this approval, AIHA has demonstrated that its educational offerings comply with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which is widely recognized as the “gold” standard of good practice internationally. As an Authorized Provider, AIHA is certified to approve and issue Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for all its educational offerings.
IACET is known as the premier international standard-setting organization for continuing education and training providers. Ten original Educational Criteria became the basis of their Authorized Provider program. In 2006, IACET was approved by ANSI as a standards developer. IACET Criteria and the Authorized Provider Program were then further developed into what is now the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which was approved by ANSI on October 5, 2007. This new standard measures all aspects of an educational provider’s program development including:
- the establishment of an appropriate responsibility and control system
- the adoption of an analytic approach to establishing learning needs
- a plan to establish and execute a quality learning event
- the establishment of appropriate assessment criteria
- the need to monitor and improve the learning process to achieve desired learning outcomes.
Contact Stacey Talbot, AIHA’s education manager, at (703) 846-0747 or email@example.com, with questions regarding AIHA’s IACET Authorized Provider status. For more information on continuing education, please visit http://www.aiha.org/Content/CE/ce.htm.