What is new and notable with the Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) as we embark on a new year? We invited Michael Dakduk, CEO of the organization, to share key IICRC accomplishments, goals, challenges and more in this Ask the Expert episode. He explains the IICRC’s four key areas of focus in serving restoration and cleaning professionals. Two of them – advocacy and research – are new. He also highlights trends in technology, talent and regulations within the restoration industry.
The IICRC is a non-profit organization for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industries that, since starting in 1972, has evolved into a global organization with more than 49,000 active certified technicians and more than 6,500 certified firms around the world.
This episode covers:
- “Certification” and “standards” as the two keywords in the organization’s mission
- Targeted growth overseas, including local modified adoption of a standard in Australia
- Embracing technological advancements to better serve a broader audience
- Partnership with the Restoration Industry Association (RIA), including a joint task force on defining career pathways in the restoration industry
- Why and how the IICRC is increasing investment in advocacy and research
- Growing the organization’s objectivity, transparency and credibility
- Restoration industry trends involving technology, talent and regulations
- The opportunity for restoration industry members to not only utilize standards in the field, but to help shape them
Check out this episode of Ask the Expert to learn more. You can watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation here. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Just search for Restoration & Remediation Ask the Expert, then hit Follow.