Welcome to Restoration & Remediation’s Ladder Award, an annual award honoring outstanding young restoration professionals. Economists predict this is the year Millennials will officially comprise half of the U.S. workforce. Known for traits including driven, passionate, and innovative, professionals 35 years old and younger are shaping today’s workplace. At the same time, after decades of encouraging high school graduates to attend college and pursue a white collar career, there is a renewed push in favor of skilled trades, construction included. It’s time to recognize the rising young professionals blazing new trails with innovative leadership, ideas, and technological advancements in the restoration industry.
You can nominate anyone who works at any level of the restoration and remediation industry who has had an impact in their field and/or within their company, who exhibit qualities such as leadership, career progress, community involvement, and a clear passion for the industry. Nominees should exhibit evidence of high character, integrity, and care for their colleagues and clients.
Nominations for this year’s award will be accepted from Monday, May 4 through Friday, June 26, 2020.
The Ladder Award will be presented at The Experience Convention and Trade Show in Las Vegas, Nev. on the evening of Thursday, Sept. 10.
Winners will be determined by a panel of industry judges based on the criteria listed below. The winner and runners-up will be notified in early July, and featured in the September issue of R&R.
- Nominees and entrants must be UNDER 35 years of age as of June 30, 2020.
- Nominees can hold any position within a restoration company; ownership/upper management is not a requirement.
- They should exhibit qualities including, but not limited to, industry experience, leadership and community service.
- There is no limit to the number of entries each firm or person can submit, and there is no entry fee.
- Industry Experience and Advancement
- Career and Industry Leadership
- Commitment to Colleagues and Customers
- Community Service and Involvement