Is advancing your career on your list of 2020 New Year’s resolutions? The IICRC offers a variety of advanced certifications, including a Trauma and Crime Scene Technician course. If physical certifications aren’t what you’re looking for, take a look at our Inspection Certifications such as the Resilient Flooring Inspector certification.
As technicians accumulate various certifications, they become eligible for advanced designations such as the IICRC Master – the industry’s highest technical designation. With a minimum of three years as an IICRC Certified Technician and the attainment of specific courses, you can advance your career by earning an IICRC Master Designation in Textiles, Fire and Smoke and Water Restoration. Visit IIRCCerts.org to find a course nearest you.
Interested in learning more about the IICRC? Check out our new Frequently Asked Questions page at IICRC.org/IICRCFAQs for information on finding certification courses; renewal processes and fees; exams; continuing education requirements; Certified Firms; updates to your online profile; and more.
Digital Update Forms Now Available
If you’re an IICRC Technician or Certified Firm and you need to make an update to your information on file with the IICRC, you can now do it online! The IICRC has recently digitized its Update Form to make it easier for registrants to update their contact and company information. For more info or to make a digital update, visit the IICRC.org website and click on Certifications, then Certified Firms or Certified Technicians, then Update Form on the navigation bar.
Save the Date!
Hey Standards Committee members: The IICRC will hold its second-annual Standards Summit March 19-20, 2020 in Las Vegas. For more info or to save your seat, register at IICRC.org/2020StandardsSummit.
Not yet part of a Standards Committee? There’s plenty of time to get involved! The IICRC has recently extended the application deadlines for the following Standards Committees:
- BSR/IICRC S230 Standard for Professional Inspection of Flooring Subfloors and Substrates - Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- BSR/IICRC 340 Standard for Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of Leather Furnishings - Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S410 Standard for Infection Control During Professional Cleaning and Maintenance of the Commercial Built Environment - Application deadline: Feb. 29, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S530 Standard for Indoor Environmental Assessment for Suspected Mold Contaminated Structures - Application deadline: Jan. 31, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S590 Standard for HVAC Cleaning and Decontamination in a Water Damaged Environment - Application deadline: April 30, 2020
- The BSR/IICRC S710 Standard for the Development of a Scope of Work in a Fire and Smoke Damaged Environment - Application deadline: Feb. 29, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire and Smoke Damaged Personal Items - Application deadline: March 31, 2020
- BSR/IICRC S760 Standard for Professional Restoration of Structures and Items Damaged by Wildfire Smoke - Application deadline: DATE
- BSR/IICRC S900 Standard for Professional Remediation of Illicit Drugs, Cannabis and Nicotine Residue - Application deadline: Dec. 31, 2019
For more information or to fill out a digital Consensus Body application, visit IICRC.org/Standards.