Waco-based complementary brands, Restoration 1 and bluefrog Plumbing + Drain, celebrated another milestone year in 2018.
- 73 new Restoration 1 locations opened across the United States
- Restoration 1 expanded into 5 new states
- bluefrog Plumbing + Drain moved headquarters to Waco
Restoration 1 surpassed 200 locations, expanded into Alabama, Arizona, Kentucky, Nevada and Vermont, and ended the year with a record-setting 249 locations in 37 states.
In addition, after the acquisition of bluefrog Plumbing + Drain in 2017, Gary Findley, CEO of both brands, moved the Arizona headquarters to Waco and joined the two brands on one campus. Since then, Findley has been focused on growing the combined franchise networks, adding support staff, and leveraging best practices for all.
“I credit our talented staff, our tremendous franchisees, and our growing network of award-winning vendors for taking this organization and both service brands to the next level,” Findley said about the achievements throughout 2018.
Other highlights for the year included:
- Significant expansion of the Restoration 1 network with multi-unit franchisees adding new territories and even new states to the roster after early success,
- Entrepreneur magazine naming Restoration 1 to the Franchise 500 for the 6th consecutive year,
- Entrepreneur magazine naming Restoration 1 to the 2018 Top Franchises for Veterans,
- National media coverage for the brands and CEO Findley in Today.com, BuzzFeed, Thrive Global, Franchising World, Plumbing + Mechanical Magazine, Restoration & Remediation Magazine and more.
- Findley was also featured on three podcasts: School for Startups Radio, Downtown Depot, and The Franchise Story.
“It has been a tremendous year, and we have big plans for both Restoration 1 and bluefrog in 2019,” said Findley. “I look forward to watching both brands expand across the United States. I have no doubt that Restoration 1 will hit its milestone 300th location, and 2019 will be a year of substantial growth for bluefrog.”