R&R IICRC Monthly Update: June 2018
IICRC Technical Conference
The IICRC will hold its third-annual 2018 Technical Conference Sept. 27-28, at the Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas. The theme for this year’s conference will be ‘Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup.’
Featuring a suite of expert speakers in the field of trauma and crime scene cleanup industry, the conference will offer attendees an inside look at what it takes to work in this niche field.
It will also provide an excellent networking and learning opportunity for those looking to diversify into and get involved with another area cleaning and restoration.
Attendees will hear directly from first responders who will discuss their experiences responding to trauma, crime scene and mass-casualty events, as well as how we as an industry can make the process of forensics and all the steps that follow as smooth as possible.
For more information on early-bird registration, sponsorship opportunities and updated agenda and speaker information, stay tuned to www.iicrc.org.
IICRC Seeks Volunteers for New Standards
The IICRC is announcing the development of three new fire and smoke damage restoration standards and is seeking volunteers to serve on consensus bodies for each:
- The BSR/IICRC S700 Standard for Professional Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration will provide a specific set of practical principles, methods and processes for the restoration of fire and smoke damaged structural materials, assemblies and systems.
- The BSR/IICRC S710 Standard for the Development of a Scope of Work in a Fire and Smoke Damaged Environment will provide a specific set of practical standards for the development of a scope of work in a fire and smoke damaged environment.
- The BSR/IICRC S740 Standard for Professional Restoration of Fire and Smoke Damaged Personal Items will provide a specific set of practical principles, methods and processes to evaluate and restore fire and smoke damaged porous and nonporous personal items, commonly known as contents or personal property.
Those interested in submitting an application to serve on the S700, S710 or S740 consensus bodies should visit http://www.iicrc.org/standards for more information and to download the application form.
Save the Date!
The IICRC will be attending the following tradeshows in the coming months. Stop by for your CEC’s or to just say hello!
- Contractor Connection Conference & Expo: Indianapolis, IN, June 6-8
- Preparing to Respond: Palm Harbor, FL, Oct. 2-4