S500 Statement of Interpretation
After receiving questions pertaining to the ANSI/IICRC S500: 2015 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration and the use of air filtration devices (AFD’s) in different categories of water intrusions, the IICRC’s S500 consensus body has released a Statement of Interpretation (PDF) to clarify and interpret the relevant language. To read the Statement of Interpretation, visit the IICRC website at www.iicrc.org.
Call for Volunteers
IICRC is seeking volunteers to serve on the development committees for two, first of their kind, field guides to help improve the health and safety practices of professional disaster restoration and cleaning professionals. The guides will include valuable information about safety and health hazard identification procedures, safe work practices and control methods that prudent disaster restoration and cleaning professionals should employ.
Committee members can expect to begin work on the standard by the end of 2017 with all meetings being held online and via conference calls. The new field guides are expected to be completed in approximately one year.
Those interested in serving on a field guide committee can fill out the downloadable application forms at the links below:
- IICRC Field Guide for Safety and Health for Professional Cleaners: http://www.iicrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/IICRC-FG_Safety-and-Health-Professional-Cleaners-Application-Form.pdf.
- IICRC Field Guide for Safety and Health for Disaster Restoration Professionals: http://www.iicrc.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/IICRC-FG_Safety-and-Health-Disaster-Restoration-Professionals_Application-Form.pdf.
Complete applications should be emailed to IICRC Standards Director Mili Washington at email@example.com, by Sept. 30, 2017. Please note, separate application forms are required for each field guide committee.
The IICRC will hold its fall Instructors Symposium, Certification Council Meeting, Shareholders Meeting and Board of Directors Meetings next month Oct. 13-16. Times, dates and locations are as follows:
- Oct. 13, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Heathman Lodge, Vancouver, Wash.
- Oct. 14, 8 a.m.–3 p.m., Heathman Lodge, Vancouver, Wash.
- Oct. 15-16, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Heathman Lodge, Vancouver, Wash.