IICRC Announces Presenter Lineup for Technical Conference
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) has announced the lineup of presentations and speakers for its second-annual technical conference Aug. 9-11 at Big Sky Resort in Big Sky, Mont. The conference titled, The Summit at Lone Mountain, will feature cutting-edge presentations in cleaning, disaster restoration and flooring inspection.
“This year’s lineup of presentations and speakers offers attendees a unique educational experience,” said John Downey, editor of the IICRC’s journal of cleaning, restoration & inspection and coordinator of the summit. “Many of the presentation topics focus on science and ideas at the forefront of the industry and present a world-class opportunity for learning.”
Developed for seasoned professionals, educators, trainers and consultants, The Summit will feature three symposiums, one for each of the three primary disciplines served by the IICRC: cleaning, disaster restoration and flooring inspection.
The Summit presentation and speaker lineup includes:
Conference Opening General Session Keynote presentations and speakers:
- “The Importance of Networking and Teamwork: A Biosafety Perspective” with Patty Olinger, Emery University
- “Networking and Connectivity: An Essential Element of 21st Century Business” with John Barrett, ISSA Executive Director
Cleaning Symposium presentations and speakers:
- “Field Test Results of the Effect of HVAC System Cleaning on Energy” with Mike White, Clean Air Systems of Louisiana
- “The Effectiveness of Carpet Protectors on Different Fiber Types” with Scott Warrington, Director of Technical Support and Tom Forsythe, Formulator and Chemical Product Developer, Aramsco/Bridgepoint
- “Fundamentals of Fabric Protection Treatments” with Alan Luedtke, Ph.D., Research Chemist, Innovative Chemical Technologies, Inc.
- “Effective Wood Floor Care Strategies & Techniques” with Roy Reichow, Founder, National Wood Floor Consultants
- “Effect of Water Hardness on Rinse-Agents” with Tom Forsythe, Formulator and Chemical Effectiveness Product Developer, and Scott Warrington, Director of Technical Support, Aramsco/Bridgepoint
- “The Coming Nanotech Revolution” with Collin Anderson, Ultra Small Fibers
- “Surfactancy, Wetting and Surface Tension: Key Components of Cleaning Science” with Everard Paynter, Applied Products Australia
- “Soil Characteristics, Cleaning Objectives, and the Dynamics of Soil Suspension and Removal” with Alan Luedtke, Ph.D., Research Chemist, Innovative Chemical Technologies, Inc.
- “What You Should Know About Robotics in the Cleaning Industry” with Christian Cornelius-Knudsen, C-K Group, LLC
Restoration & Remediation Symposium presentations and speakers:
- “The Effect of Moisture Absorption on Tile and Abutted Materials” with Ralph Moon, Ph.D., Director of Building Sciences, GHD Services, Inc.
- “The Science of Sewage Remediation” with Gene Cole, Ph.D., Professor of Environmental Health Science, Brigham Young University
- “Certified Restorer Body of Knowledge and RIA Advanced Designations” with Mark Springer, President, Dayspring Restoration
- “ANSI/IICRC S540-2017 Standard for Trauma and Crime Scene Cleanup” with Lee Senter, Owner, Senterprises
- “The Use of Occupant Behavior Data to Determine Assessment and Remediation Strategies” with Carl Grimes, Managing Director, Hayward Healthy Home Institute
- “The Science Behind ‘In-Place’ Structural Drying” with Chuck Dewald, Dewald Structural Drying Academy
Flooring Inspection Symposium presentations and speakers:
- “The Use of Tile Tapping as an Investigative Tool” with Ralph Moon, Ph.D., Director of Building Sciences, GHD Services, Inc.
- “ANSI B101 Walkway Safety Standards” with Russell Kendzior, Chairman, National Floor Safety Institute
- “Wood Flooring Problems and Causes” with Roy Reichow, Founder, National Wood Floor Consultants
- “Tools and Gadgets” with John Paro, Owner, Certified Inspections, Inc.
CIRI Science Symposium presentation and speakers:
- “Cleaning, Disinfection and the Human Microbiome” with Greg Whiteley, Ph.D., Whiteley Corporation
For more information, visit www.iicrc.com