Benefits of IICRC Certification
IICRC certification continues to be recognized and recommended by name by many major insurance companies, flooring manufacturers and industry trade groups as the premier credentialing program for the inspection, cleaning and restoration industry.
Over 27,000 professionals attend IICRC-approved training classes and submit the IICRC standardized exams for processing each year. Certification categories include water damage restoration, applied structural drying, fire and smoke restoration, carpet cleaning, upholstery cleaning and many more.
If you are interested in attending IICRC-approved training classes and/or achieving IICRC certification, you can locate nearby classes by going to the IICRC website, www.iicrc.org There, you will find descriptions of the different approved classes and a full searchable list of when and where training is available.
Call for Standards Consensus Body Members:
The IICRC standards team is actively seeking volunteers from all interest categories of the industry to serve on consensus bodies for the following Standards and Reference Guides:
- ANSI/IICRC S100: Standard and IICRC R100 Reference Guide for Professional Cleaning of Textile Floor Coverings
- New Standard - BSR-IICRC S400: Standard for Professional Cleaning, Maintenance and Restoration of the Built Environment
- ANSI/IICRC S500: Standard and IICRC R500 Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration
- ANSI/IICRC S520: Standard and R520 Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation
- New Standard - BSR-IICRC S550: Standard for Professional Water Damage Restoration of Commercial Structures
- ANSI/IICRC S800: Standard and R800 Reference Guide for Professional Inspection of Textile Floor Coverings
Those interested in submitting an application to participate in any of the consensus bodies listed above should visit the Standards website at http://www.iicrc.org/standards/. Separate completed application forms are required for each consensus body.
Standards Subscription Website
The IICRC recently launched a new standards subscription website allowing IICRC instructors and schools, certified firms, registrants and industry stakeholders to access standards, reference guides, technical papers and multimedia publications from anywhere an internet connection is available. The site is located at http://publications.iicrc.org.
For a demonstration on how to use the new subscription site, the IICRC standards team has recorded an informational webinar available at www.youtube.com/theiicrc.