The RIA Goes to Australia!
RIA has two exciting educational opportunities in Australia this year!
First, the RIA brought its Certified Restorer (CR) and Water Loss Specialist (WLS) prerequisite course, Building Science, to Australia. The course was offered on Sept. 25 in Brisbane and Sept. 29 in Perth.
Did You Know?
• The RIA represents more than 20,000 cleaning & restoration professionals
• That includes more 1,100 growing firms (and growing weekly!)
• It is the restoration industry’s oldest & largest non-profit, professional trade association
• It is a 501(c)(6) non-profit
• The RIA oversees advanced certification courses:
• Certified Restorer® (CR)
• Water Loss Specialist (WLS)
• Certified Mold Professional (CMP)
• RIA’s annual convention is packed with educational sessions PLUS a very special awards night:
• Phoenix Award
• Martin L. King Award
• Steven Spivak Award
• Helen Bradly Distinguished Service Award
• Golden Quill Award
The second – and very exciting opportunity – is The Restoration Industry Association Day at AUSCLEAN Pulire on Oct. 20. It’s a chance to learn more about the RIA, who we are, what we do, and benefits of membership. Chuck Violand, the first VP of RIA, will be the keynote speaker at the event, talking about “The Role of an Association (Professional, Transparency, Working for Members)”.
Kevin Fisher from the Restoration Sciences Academy and Dr. Sam Baroudi from the University of South Australia will also share their experiences and expertise on the restoration industry, training and education, management, and leadership.
Questions or comments? Please contact Leigh Maltby at email@example.com
Proposals Sought: Submit Ideas for 2016 RIA Annual Convention
Have a big project you’ve been working on or an idea you’ve wanted to present? Whether you are a contractor, industry consultant, educator, or vendor, we want to read your session proposals. RIA invites you to submit your proposal to speak at the International Restoration Convention and Industry Expo, March 21 – 23, 2016 in Orlando, Florida. Areas of interest include technology and innovation, approaches to a challenging project, and an advanced look at trends in the industry.
To find out more and submit your proposal visit the RIA webpage: Call for Papers.