Beginning immediately, students may register for a Master of Science in Emergency and Disaster Management as well as other pertinent new degrees. This degree program is designed for both military and civilian students with experience responding to national and global humanitarian crises, terrorist-based events and natural disasters. The program provides graduates with the necessary skills to succeed in emergency and disaster management professions in military, federal, state and local government, and industry sectors.
The MSEDM program is designed in alignment with the standards outlined by FEMA statewide emergency management systems, the Department of Homeland Security, and the Department of Defense. The MSEDM curriculum directly relates to the daily activities of active duty military, offering courses such as risk assessment, emergency planning, and response. Graduates of the MSEDM program:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of theories and practices relevant to emergency and disaster management;
- Apply effective solutions and responses to problems of a physical and psychological nature experienced in disaster aftermath;
- Develop emergency plans that meet state and federal guidelines and demonstrate effective communication skills;
- Critically assess new developments and advances relevant to emergency and disaster management;
- Critically apply legal and ethical practice and decision making skills as an emergency and disaster management professional;
- Analyze and evaluate disaster threats to public health infrastructure to effectively integrate and develop coordinated responses with various agencies in disaster mitigation;
- Identify and critically evaluate research findings in emergency and disaster management; and
- Distinguish between and reconcile the economic, political and social forces that impact the environment in which the emergency and disaster management professional functions.
“Each year people across the world are confronted with disasters,” said Kenneth Sobaski, President and CEO of Trident University. “We are very excited to offer our students and opportunity to make a difference in the community during times of need. This program furthers Trident’s vision to set the standard for academic excellence, unparalleled access and compassionate student support for all members of the military family. These degree programs forge a path to career success and advancement for our students.”
Visit www.trident.edu or call Trident University International at 1-800-375-9878 to learn more.