The IICRC executive committee met in Vancouver, Wash., in July for its semi-annual meeting, wherein IICRC President and marketing chair Ruth Travis reported on the following promotional accomplishments in recent months:
- Manufacturer’s Seminar –June 2008 - Presentation to 50-plus mill claims reps on proper cleaning of carpet.
- Woman’s Day article – Puppy Stains – March 2008
- House Beautiful article – June 2008
- WebMD article – June 2008
- Organize Magazine article
- Univision.com (in Spanish)
- Sustainable Facility article – June 2008
- CF logo made available for The Weather Channel for a segment regarding carpet cleaning, and use of the IICRC logo and a mention of the Web site to let consumers know where they can find more information on carpet cleaning and where to find a reputable carpet cleaner.
- www.housekeepingchannel.com monthly article and direct link to Certified Firms.
- Managed the rapid response program targeting media and positioning IICRC experts as resources before and following inclement weather and natural disasters (floods and fires) in seven states (California, Colorado, Florida, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri and Wisconsin), securing coverage in online broadcast outlets such as WIBW.com in Kansas, KRDO.com in Colorado, WPEC.com in Florida.
- Article on commercial carpet cleaning to College Planning & Management.
- Interview with Fitness Business Pro magazine regarding flooring costs and maintenance in fitness center.
- Article on sustainable flooring for Environmental Design & Construction.
The chairman of the IICRC Government Affairs Committee, Dan Bernazzani, reports that there continues to be a lot of activity around legislation at the state level regarding mold remediation. A particular area being closely monitored at this time is Kentucky, where the IICRC S520 Standard has been specifically named in legislation as the industry standard to follow. This legislation is has passed the house and is currently before the Senate. Other areas being watched include Florida, Maryland, and New Hampshire where legislation on mold remediation is in the news.
Many copies of the IICRC S500 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration and the S520 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Mold Remediation have been distributed throughout the mid-western United States where terrible flooding has occurred. IICRC Certified Firms have been working around the clock to help flood victims return their property and lives to normal.
IICRC Certified Firms are encouraged to frequently check the “News you can use” section of the IICRC web site at www.iicrc.org for useful updates and articles available to them for their use. This section is located by clicking on the “For Registrants” line on the menu located on the left side of the home page. The web site also features a “Newsflash” section where progress is reported on industry issues, also available from the menu on the left hand side of the homepage.
The next meeting of the IICRC Certification Council and Board of Directors is set for Oct. 11-13.
Report Abusive Comment