Mili Washington, standards director with the IICRC, joins us to provide a 101 on industry standards. She discusses their importance, the value of ANSI accreditation, the rigorous and lengthy process of developing a new standard, the business case for embracing IICRC standards, and advice on implementing standards within your restoration or cleaning business. She shares a highlight reel of IICRC standards in the works.
This episode covers:
- Why the IICRC develops industry standards
- What a standard is and what it looks like, in laymen’s terms
- The value of ANSI accreditation and what that entails
- How cleaning and restoration professionals should make use of IICRC standards
- What goes into creating a new standard, from the very first point of introduction to final publication
- The biggest challenges that come with IICRC standard development
- How the IICRC has advanced its standards strategy over the years
- An update on several standards in the works
- How you can get involved with the IICRC standards development process
Check out this episode of Ask the Expert to learn more. You can watch the video here or listen to the audio version of our conversation here. You can also find our show on Apple Podcasts and Spotify. Just search for Restoration & Remediation Ask the Expert, then hit Follow.