This is our most comprehensive Coronavirus interview yet! We spoke with Dr. Gene Cole about the history of pandemics, what we can learn from them as far as responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent cleaning efforts, safety for cleaning crews, and SO MUCH MORE! If you have any questions about effective cleaning, this is the video for you!
Dr. Cole addresses:
- How does the COVID-19 pandemic compare to last pandemics?
- How is that past information being used to develop effective protocols and procedures for coronavirus cleaning?
- What are some of the main questions you are getting from clients or cleaning companies regarding COVID-19?
- What are some MUSTS to keep crews as safe as possible on these job sites?
- Is there anything you feel the cleaning and remediation industries don’t understand or need to understand about this pandemic?
- Anything else?
Dr. Gene Cole is Director of Research for LRC Indoor Testing & Research, Cary, NC; and formerly Professor of Environmental Health Sciences at Brigham Young University, Provo, UT. He has over 35 years of applied research experience, with emphasis on identification and reduction of pollutant reservoirs and sources, bioaerosols, residential and workplace exposure assessment and control, product evaluation, cleaning and restoration, mold and sewage remediation, and biocides. He is a member of the Science Advisory Council of the Cleaning Industry Research Institute, and a Fellow of the American Industrial Hygiene Association. He holds a Master of Science in Public Health Microbiology and a Doctor of Public Health in Biohazard Science and Occupational Health, both from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.