Superstorm Sandy’s Aftermath: Are You Prepared to Help Your Customers?
Mold Remediation Business is Coming
Your Way – Be Ready for It!
Courtesy of WABC-TV New York, NY
- Health & Safety of Technicians and Occupants
- Health effects from exposure to mold in water damaged buildings
- Source Removal techniques
- When to call in an indoor environmental professional (IE P)
- Contents: To clean or not to clean
- Biocides: Are you achieving what you think you are?
- Blast media and their characteristics
- Applications for media blasting in the restoration trade
- Equipment specifications and considerations, including air compressors
- Estimating and quoting blasting jobs
- Personal protective equipment, safety issues and contractor liabilities
- Techniques for process containment and clean-up
- Proper techniques for media blasting job execution
- Hands-on blasting with baking soda and dry ice, with side by side application
Grand Northern is the nation’s largest independent distributor of blast abrasives and equipment, including baking soda, dry ice and most traditional blast media. In addition to sales, Wayne also trains customers, services equipment, and provides on-going field support. He is recognized by both the RIA and the IICRC as an instructor for the RMB (Restorative Media Blasting) course. Experiences from over a thousand jobsites, multitudes of wide-ranging blast applications, and years of hands-on application are among his strong points.
Stanley F. Collesano, JD, CEO of Profitable Business Strategies based out of Fishers, Indiana. Stan practiced law in both the State of Indiana and State of New York for approximately 15 years, specializing in business/corporate law, insurance defense as well as handing some commercial real estate issues. Stan is currently retired from the practice of law and operates Profitable Business Strategies to help small to medium size business navigate the path to a successful and profitable business by combining his education and degree in Accounting along with his legal education, training and experience. Although, Stan helps many types of businesses in the United States he has focus on the restoration and remediation industry. Stan quite often lectures on business and legal topics. Stan can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
David J. Dybdahl, CPCU,ARM, MBA is the president of ARMR.Network, LLC a specialty insurance brokerage firm that works through independent insurance agents to provide business insurance packages to cleaning and restoration contractors coast to coast. He is a frequent contributor to R&R. He can be reached at 877 735 0800 or visit their web site at www.restorationinsurance.com.
- Fire and Water Damage Restoration Contractors
- Mold Remediators
- Disaster Restoration Contractors
- Indoor Environmental Professionals and Consultants
- Industrial Hygienists
- Liability Insurance Agents
- Property Insurance Adjusters
- Public Adjusters
- Public Health officials
- Commercial Property Owners