R&R is thrilled once again to be a Media Sponsor for the 2016 RIA International Restoration Convention & Industry Expo! Not only does this year’s conference mark the association’s 70th anniversary, it also welcomes more Canadian and Australian members than ever before thanks to continuing efforts to increase the reach of RIA.
The convention is Monday, March 21 through Wednesday, March 23, with educational opportunities being offered before the conference starts on Sunday.
Monday, March 21
Monday morning kicks off with the RIA Board Meeting – which runs all day, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. During that time, there will also be pre-conference workshops on project and risk management, building science and the TOMI Service Network. Don’t miss the new member and first timer reception at 4 p.m., followed immediately by the opening session from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Pre-Convention Workshops & Instructors
8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Building Science – Chris Schumacher, Principal, Building Science Corp
• Project & Risk Management – Mickey Lee, WLS, CSDS, Mickey Lee & Associates. (Facilitated by Pete Consigli, CR, WLS, Education Adviser, RIA)
Noon – 5 p.m.
• TOMI Service Network (TSN) – Create a Continuous Revenue Stream: Add Innovative Infection Prevention Technologies to Your Toolbox – Norris Gearhart, COO, TOMI Environmental Solutions
Tuesday, March 22
Tuesday, grab some breakfast at 7, and then be ready for the keynote and certification recognition at 8 a.m. At 10, breakout sessions begin. At 4:30 p.m., there are sessions specifically for Canadian and Australian members, as well as a Young Professionals’ Mentoring Event.
This year’s keynote speaker is Judy Ferraro. She brings more than 30 years of leadership and sales experience to the stage, with a lot of humor to boot.
Tuesday night is the big part of the convention! The RIA 70th Anniversary Celebration & Awards Banquet starts at 6 p.m., and will be a gathering you do not want to miss.
The exhibit hall is open from 12:15 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Breakout Sessions & Instructors
• A Few Answers to A HARD Problem: Concrete Drying –Mickey Lee & Andrew Rynhart
• Easily Estimate Projects Using Statistical PERT – William Davis
• Everything Rises & Falls on Leadership – Howard Partridge
• Forensic Restoration: Helping People Deal with Their Worst Days in a Professional Manner – Jeff Jones
• Get Your Profits Back: Innovations that will Make You Money – Kris Rzensnoski
• How to Hire Great Employees, Not Just Great Applicants – Michael Terrell
• IICRC S-500 Panel: Industry Update, Practical & Legal Implications – Mickey Lee, Michael Bowdin, Darren Foote
• Phoenix Award Winner Showcase – Charter Construction
• SAMPLEe: The Acronym Every Remediation Contractor Needs to know to Avoid OSHA & EPA Citations – David Weaver
Wednesday, March 23
Wake up Wednesday, and be ready for the General Session at 8 a.m., the RIA Annual Business Meeting at 1:30 p.m., breakouts at 2 p.m., and a Town Hall at 3 p.m.
The exhibit hall is open Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Report Abusive Comment