Green cleaning and cleaning without chemicals are methods growing in popularity -- as many people, and some restoration companies, look for non-toxic ways for restoration and remediation jobs. According to Altura Solutions, there are many benefits to no-chemical cleaning beyond the obvious lack of chemicals.
Here's what they call the ten hidden benefits:
- No packaging required. Using no-chemical cleaning systems means no cleaning chemicals must be packaged in containers or boxes.
- It reduces transport needs and the environmental impact of that transportation.
- Cleaning solutions are transported every day throughout the U.S., meaning companies must pay for fuel and drive time, plus there is a release of greenhouse gases.
- No-chemical cleaning reduces storage needs. Some no-chemical cleaning systems are compact enough to be installed directly to water fixtures in a facility, essentially eliminating storage requirements.
- Always available: Some of these systems are designed to be used on an on-site, on-demand basis.
- Safe: Aqueous ozone systems' SDS (MSDS) incicates there are essentially no hazards when using the system. PPEs like gloves, googles, or other protective gear aren't required. Plus, the cleaning water can be poured right down the drain.
- In keeping with safety, because no chemicals are involved, there's no mixing or diluting needed -- also reducing the risk of injury.
- Cold water: most no-chemical cleaning systems work on cold water, eliminating the need and expense for hot water.
- Step beyond green-cleaning: without chemicals in the cleaning process, this form of cleaning has zero impact on the environment since aqueous ozone is found naturally in the environment.
- Effective: ozone has been shown to oxidize germs faster and more effectively than chlorine bleach.
And as a bonus... no-chemical cleaning means there's no chemical residue left on surfaces that can be harmful or cause rapid re-soiling on floors, carpets and other surfaces.
CleanCare Technologies came up with all those hidden benefits as they promote their CleanCore cleaning technology that infuses cold water with ozone gas to creat aqueous ozone, which they call a natural and robust cleaning solution. It can be used on restoration and remediation jobs to clean carpet, walls, counters, fixtures and more.