Duration: 45 Minutes
Upon purchase, you receive access to this course for 30 days.
Introduction to GHS reviews what the Globally Harmonized System is all about, why OSHA adopted the GHS, and the phase-in dates for implementing the GHS. Created specifically to assist facilities in complying with the employee training requirements of OSHA's newly adopted GHS regulations, this course discusses the Globally Harmonized System for the Classification and Labeling of Chemicals. Topics covered in the program include what the Globally Harmonized System is, why OSHA adopted the GHS, hazard classification, the Safety Data Sheet, container labeling (text elements), container labeling (pictograms), information and training, GHS phase in dates and more.
This program is one of the most effective and efficient ways to get employees the training that they need.
This course presents fundamental information on the Globally Harmonized System of Classification (GHS) and Labeling of potentially hazardous chemicals. Upon completing the course, employees should:
- Know why OSHA adopted the GHS.
- Understand what the GHS has changed within the Hazard Communication Standard.
- Recognize what information is included in GHS Safety Data Sheets and how it is organized.
- Understand what information is provided on a GHS container label, and how it is conveyed.
- Know what training is required under the GHS.
- Know by what dates the various parts of the GHS must be implemented.
1910.1200(g) (HCS) - Hazard Communication Standard