Professional development courses (PDCs), general sessions, workshops, and small group discussions are designed to equip attendees with the information needed to excel. Plus, attendees can earn up to 6 CM points. PCIH is sponsored by the American Industrial Hygiene Association’s (AIHA) Academy of Industrial Hygiene, a group dedicated to advancing the industrial hygiene profession by raising the level of competence of industrial hygienists.
“This year’s PCIH should provide an excellent experience for all who attend,” said Academy President Brad T. Garber, PhD, CIH, DABT, CSP. “In depth coverage of topics such as the value of industrial hygiene study and the effects of globalization on professional practice will give attendees an opportunity to learn more about our profession’s future in a rapidly changing world.”
Highlights planned for the 2008 conference include:
- A pre-conference risk assessment symposium, November 6–7, that will present a group of integrated approaches reinforced with exercises, so that students can gain a new perspective on the bedrock model of anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control
- Interactive breakfast and luncheon discussions on the new value of the profession study, heat stress, social responsibility, and more
- The ability to customize your time at PCIH by choosing from various Solutions Workshops, Thinkshops, and Concurrent Sessions
- Opening Session: American Imports, Asian Deaths, and the General Session: Genuine Worker Participation – An Indispensable Key to Effective Global EHS
- A free technical tour of the Tampa Port Authority (limited space available)
- Opportunities to network at a welcome reception in the expo, Meet and Greet Lounge, and various planned social events
Attendees can view the latest products and services and meet with industry representatives at PCIH’s exposition. Expo hours are 8 a.m.–1 p.m. and 5:30–6:30 p.m. on November 10, and 8–11 a.m. on November 11.
The deadline to register in advance, purchase tickets, and make hotel reservations is October 10. After October 10, participants can register at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina. Badges, tickets, and final programs will be available at the conference. On-site registration opens Friday, November 7, 2008, 4–6 p.m. To register and for detailed conference information, including a schedule of planned PDCs and education sessions, visit www.pcih2008.org. For more information, contact Kim Bacon, AIHA’s manager of membership and Academy relations, at (703) 846-0780 or email@example.com.
Report Abusive Comment