Call for Speakers
Preparing to Respond Call for Speakers - Submission Deadline: February 15th!
Restoration & Remediation is seeking abstracts for consideration for the 2019 Preparing to Respond conference. The Preparing to Respond event will be held July 10 -12 at Grand Hyatt San Antonio, TX. It will bring together many of the decision makers, company owners, project managers, and industry experts in the disaster restoration industry to talk about responding to disasters of all sizes, both close to home and far away.
We are seeking a select number of presenters for PTR sessions. Below are just some of the topics we hope to cover, and are looking for experts to speak on. Keep in mind, this is just a list of possibilities; if you have an idea for another relevant topic, we would love to hear about it!
- The Logistics of CAT Loss
- Scaling Your Restoration Company to Respond
- Finding Customers After a Disaster
- Understanding Liability Insurance Requirements
- Contents Restoration in Tough Conditions
- Creating Accurate Estimates Quickly
- Embracing Technology to Speed Restoration Response
- The Disaster Response Tool Kit
- Drying Quickly, Efficiently, & Correctly
- Proper Mold Removal during Large Loss Events
- Truths & Lies About Flood Insurance Policies
- Behind the Scenes of Disaster Restoration
What to keep in mind:
- All presentations must be strictly educational in nature. Presentations pushing a specific product will not be considered
- Presentations involving concrete examples from within the restoration industry of success and failures will be given higher consideration
- There is no guarantee submitting an abstract will result in a speaking slot at the 2018 event; however, we will consider each submission
How to submit:
Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words and must include:
- Abstract title
- Presenting company
- Anticipated presenter's name/title/contact information
- Complete company contact information
- Detailed description of the presentation topic, how it will be delivered (i.e. panel, Power Point, small group discussions, etc.)
- 3 to 6 bullet point “Key Learning Points/Takeaways” describing what attendees could reasonably expect to learn and take back to implement in their restoration company from hearing a presentation
Delivery of Abstracts:
Abstracts and supporting documentation must be delivered by 5 p.m. EST on February 15, 2019 to Michelle Blevins | firstname.lastname@example.org | 248-244-8268.